Tuesday, August 21, 2007

revival

School starts again for me tomorrow. I don't know whether to be excited or not all I feel right now are the blahs. Kids are still home until next week which has made me feel out of whack. I usually get a few days to myself before I go back, not this year.

Why revival? This blog has sat for a long time and maybe I need to revive it since I am reading blogs so people will know something about me when I comment. We have 6 kids this year 5 are mine and W's but one is a friend of my oldest whose family had to move because of the military. He is a senior and we felt we would give him a place to stay if he wanted. He is now here. We now have two almost eighteen years olds R and M both males, L is 16 and she is our band geek. N is 13 and he is trying to figure out where he fits in K is 10 and thinks she can do everything L can, and C is our youngest at 6 with an attitude that never quits. all robust and a lot of fun.

People think we are nuts to have 6 but adding one more is not a big deal. What is a big deal is that we have 4 teens eek!

I went back to church last Sunday for the first time in years. Not since I have been with W. I was honestly expecting this instant reconnection but it wasn't there. I went to a Unity church which is very different than I have ever been. I am not sure what to think right now but I know I want to have something back. Maybe now isn't the time for church since we live in an area not open to having open gay community.

That's it for now folks thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Thank you for your comment, it's always nice to know someone who has gone through something similar. I would love to know more of your story, if you're so inclined...

You can e-mail me at rsg@recoveringstraightgirl.com