Thursday, April 20, 2006

a brief reintroduction

I have started reading more blogs and commenting so maybe I should give a few quick facts about myself. We are a family of 7, my partner Wendy and I have know eacher other for over 6 years and have lived togther for 3 years now. It has not been an easy journey at times but we are both stronger because of it. We have 5 kids that we have brought into this blended family and think of ourselves as co-parents not step-parents. Our oldest is Robbie 16 and a sophomore in highschool, Liz is 14 and a freshman in highschool, Nate is 12 and in 6th grade, Katie is 9 and in 3rd grade, Conlan who is our youngest is 5 and is in preschool. Wendy is a teacher and I am finishing my degree in teaching as well and will someday rejoin the workforce.

Life here is never dull and with the building of our new house earlier this year we finally have the elbow room needed for 5 kids. We have just over an acre of land and 5 bedrooms and about a 1000 sq. ft larger than our last rental house! It is a welcome to finally be done and has relieved the stress of building a house which was much more than we ever expected.

Kerry

No comments: